The solution to successful immigration is finding a job in Canada. Discovering the right job in Canada is important if you are in the process of getting a work visa or even if you are just thinking about immigration to Canada.
Prospective immigrants are encouraged to research their job opportunities as those immigrants who find work in their chosen fields are usually well prepared before they come to Canada.
The Benefits of obtaining a valid Canadian job offer include:
- Extra points under the Federal Skilled Worker / Professional Category of Canadian Immigration.
- A critical factor for qualification under the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) of various provinces.
- A validated job offer by the PNP fast tracks your application for Permanent Residence.
- Processing of your application for a Canada Immigration Permanent Resident Visa takes precedence.
- Speedy access to Canada on a Work Permit during the processing of your Canadian Immigration application.
- Employment ahead of you so that you can settle and integrate into your new home as soon as you land in Canada.
Recognition of Foreign Professional Qualifications:
Individuals who want to come to Canada to settle permanently and wish to enter the labor force should identify the value of the education, training and experience they have acquired in their home country.
The qualifications they have need to be reviewed in order to obtain assessment and recognition of their qualifications at the appropriate provincial, territorial or federal level.
The professional and trade certifying bodies of each province assess applications for certification on the education and work experience of the applicant earned outside Canada. This depends on whether one wishes to enter an occupation or pursue further studies, or whether their chosen occupation is regulated or non-regulated and the province in which they intend to settle.
If an Occupation is regulated, the appropriate provincial or territorial body will determine the recognition of qualifications whereas for the non-regulated occupation, recognition is normally at the discretion of the employer.
See: Settlement Plan
JOB In Demand in Canada
There is a skills shortage in various provinces in Canada and current occupational needs of employers differ from province to province. Some of the high demand jobs for foreign workers are as follows:
Pipe fitters & Welders, Electricians, Carpenters, Tool & Die Makers, Crane Operators, Construction, and Heavy duty equipment mechanics etc.
Mining, Geological & other Engineers, Oil & Gas Workers, Vocational Instructors, Chefs, Cooks, Finance Managers, Registered Nurses, Doctors, and allied Healthcare professionals etc.
The high demand jobs extend across various Industries such as Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Office Administration, Logistics, Finance and Accounting etc.
The list is not exhaustive and you may contact us for current jobs & other related information.
Canada’s Labor Market:
In your job search efforts, find out what the labor market conditions are for the field you are interested in, within the region you are considering to work or immigrate to.
There are many resources to help with labor market research including information interviews, the library, employment agencies, Chambers of commerce, technology councils, universities, colleges, career fairs, trade shows, seminars, yellow pages, business directories and of course the Internet.
Job Search Hints
- Cover letter and resume is an important aspect of an application and should express your purpose, clarity of mind and more.
- Be professional in all your communications with an employer or company.
- Use Canada Employment centers where counselors are available.
- Use a Portfolio as a Marketing tool – It is a good idea to portray examples of your work, education, accomplishments and recognition in a portfolio such as a binder, photo album or through an electronic version.
- Establish a network of supportive friends and colleagues as an important source of morale support and encouragement.
- Maintain an optimistic attitude and make the best of what you learn along the way!
- Think of using the Internet, newspapers, professional associations, chambers of commerce, businesses, and employment agency websites to find your perfect job.
- Irrespective of where you are in this world, the opportunity to search the internet for work in Canada is at your fingertips. We will show you how and you can Use it!
We can help you locate employment opportunities as a skilled worker in any of the provinces in Canada. If you are a Professional or skilled worker interested in working in Canada we can help you find employment in your profession provided your skills are in demand.
Once we have identified a job in a business or company to whom you might apply; we can contact the prospective employer and after receiving an Offer for a position, we will initiate the process of acquiring a work permit for you.
To work temporarily in Canada you must have a temporary work permit where an employer starts the process of acquiring such a work permit. A work permit does not allow you to immigrate to Canada. You may qualify to become a Permanent resident by applying for your Permanent Resident Visa once you are working in Canada.
We are devoted to helping prospective migrants commence the search for employment prior to leaving home. Getting the job you want is not straightforward. We help you to search for and obtain a job in Canada. We help you prepare for the job search, where to and what to look for, and most notably how to get the interview and get the job.
We provide employment and immigration solutions for individuals relocating or seeking jobs in Canada. Get in touch with us for further information on the Canadian labour market and instructions on getting the job you want in Canada.
A New Beginning
Canada wants to attract new immigrants on an annual basis with the emphasis firmly focused on immigrants with economic and professional skills from every part of the world.
In Canada you can start a new life, with never-ending opportunities ahead of you. Decide to make Canada your new home, and it’ll be a life altering experience that you’ll never stop thinking about.
We are Licensed Immigration Consultants authorized by the Canadian Government to advise, represent and consult on Immigration matters bearing CICC License # R416183 from The College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants https://college-ic.ca/.