Wesley Immigration Consultants can advise you on Canadian immigration laws and procedures relating to both Permanent and Temporary Immigration.
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, you have a number of options when applying for Permanent residence status.
When coming to stay in Canada for a long period you must apply under one of the following five categories.
Categories of Immigration:
The following is an overview of the various categories of Immigration open to applicants for Permanent Residence in Canada as well as to those who merely wish to come to Canada on a Temporary basis.
The various types of visas for immigration to Canada are:
The various classes available to someone looking for immigration to Canada are:
There are various visas available to someone looking for a short-term stay in Canada under the Temporary Immigration category.
Immigration rules and regulations require a person to make a choice out of various categories to apply for immigration. The various categories under which one can apply for immigration are: Independent class (Skilled persons, Professionals), Business
Immigrants, Family Class, Canada Experience Class, PNP and Express Entry applicants.
The correct choice of class and careful preparation of documents in accordance with the current occupational demand determined by the Canadian Government often makes a difference between success and failure of an application.
As each class has their own requirements for immigration approval we suggest you complete our Assessment form. This will allow us to specifically detail the requirements and options available to you based on your personal and professional background.
For a Free evaluation of your Immigration chances please fill out our On-Line Evaluation Form.
We process candidates who wish to apply for the following Permanent Immigration programs:
Skilled Workers Program
- Be under the age of 47 years old.
- Hold a University degree or a technical diploma.
- Have at least one year of working experience.
- High proficiency in English is mandatory. If you also speak French, your chances of qualifying will increase. You will be required to provide conclusive proof of your language skills.
- Earn enough points in the six selection factors to meet the pass mark on the 100 point Grid.
Skilled Worker Program for the Province of Quebec
- Candidate must be at least 20 years old and less than 40 years old.
- Hold a Post-secondary Diploma.
- Knowledge of French is mandatory. If you also speak English, your chances of qualifying will increase.
- Have at least 6 months of working experience.
See: Quebec Immigration
Immigrant Investor Class Criteria:
- Applicants must meet the category under the type of Business immigration definition of Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program (IIVC).
- Have completed Canadian post secondary degree, diploma or certificate or foreign credentials validated through a ECA report showing Canadian equivalent.
- Minimum Personal assets of CDN $10,000,000 / Ten million which is legally accumulated and verifiable.
- Be willing to invest in a Non guaranteed Investment Venture Capital Fund of CDN $2,000,000 / Two million.
- Proof of Language ability in English or French and obtain a score CLB 5.
Business Start Up
To be eligible for the Immigrant Entrepreneur Start-Up Visa program one must:
- Prove their business is supported by a Designated organization with a “Letter of Support”.
- Show their business meets ownership requirements.
- Meet language requirements of at least CLB 5 for either English or French.
- Enough settlement funds prior to earning an income.
An applicant must satisfy the visa officer that he or she meets the requirements of Canada’s Immigration Act and Regulations for Self Employed business immigrants under the modified selection grid comprising of 5 decisive factors. They are selected based on:
Family Sponsorship Criteria:
- You can sponsor your spouse, minor children, parents and grandparents.
- If you sponsor your parents or grandparents, you will be asked to prove that you have regular income in Canada.
- Should be able to meet the financial criteria in order to sponsor.
- Sponsor must be Canadian citizens, or permanent residents aged 18 or over, and be living in Canada.
The CEC class enables temporary foreign workers who have worked in Canada and international students who have graduated from a program in Canada to file for Permanent immigration to Canada provided they meet all the requirements. It has two main streams:
- Temporary foreign workers and.
- Recent International graduates who have studied in Canada.
PNP involves the following steps:
- Complete the Provincial nomination process.
- Province will issue you a Nomination Certificate if eligibility criteria met.
- After a provincial nomination, you have to make a separate application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for Permanent residence.
- Permanent Resident Visa issued.
Each province is allowed to establish its own selection criterions and procedures to choose immigrants according to their ability to integrate and successfully settle in that province. This is called the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
Express Entry is a new way for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to manage Economic immigration applications online and is not an Immigration program in itself.
The Express Entry pool will include candidates who are each eligible for at least one of Canada’s Economic immigration programs, namely:
- Federal Skilled Worker program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program and the
- Canada Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program
Express Entry functions as a two-step process.
Step 1: Complete an Online Express Entry Profile
Step 2: Invitation to Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence
Express Entry Process:
- Potential candidates interested in coming to Canada as economic immigrants submit an Online Express Entry Profile.
- Candidates that meet the criteria of one of the Federal programs are entered into the Express Entry Pool.
- Candidates may Register with Job Bank to promote themselves to Employers.
- Invitation To Apply is given to candidates who are Top ranked in the pool.
- Candidates with an ITA have 90 days to submit an application.
- Apply Online for Permanent Residence if Invited To Apply.
- Submitted applications processed through Express Entry in six months or less.
Temporary Immigration Status refers to people who wish to come to Canada to visit, work or study. They are coming to Canada for a temporary period and are considered visitors and require Visitor Visas, unless they are citizens of visa exempt countries.
There are three main categories for Temporary Status:
|1. Visitor||2. Student Visa||3. Work Permit|
To visit Canada one must be:
- Must be healthy and may need to go through a Medical exam.
- Must abide by Canadian laws;
- Need a valid passport
- Need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
- May need a Letter of Invitation
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, you have a number of options when applying for Permanent residence status. We are pleased to offer you full assistance in applying to any of these categories.
We are Licensed Immigration Consultants authorized by the Canadian Government to advise, represent and consult on Immigration matters bearing Membership No: R416183 from the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. www.iccrc-crcic.ca
A New Beginning
Canada wants to attract new immigrants on an annual basis with the emphasis firmly focused on immigrants with economic and professional skills from every part of the world.
In Canada you can start a new life, with never-ending opportunities ahead of you. We will help you plan your transition to the new way of life in Canada carefully, patiently and knowledgably.