Education Agent


In 2011, the Government of Canada passed new legislation—Bill C-35—that makes it illegal for anyone other than an accredited Immigration representative to provide advice or otherwise represent a client during an application or proceeding with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

What you can do What you can’t do
Direct someone to the CIC website to find information on Immigration programs. Explain or provide advice on someone’s immigration options.
Direct someone to the CIC website to find immigration application forms. Provide guidance to a client on how to select the best immigration stream.
Direct someone to an authorized immigration representative. Complete and submit immigration application forms on a student’s behalf.
Provide translation services. Communicate with CIC & CBSA on a clients behalf.
Provide courier services. Represent a client in an immigration application or proceeding.
Provide medical services. Advertise that you can provide immigration advice for consideration.
Make travel arrangements.
Advise an international student on how to select their courses or register for program. Source: Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Education agents cannot charge student fees for helping complete their student visa application forms, compile supporting documents and submit the applications on the student’s behalf to a Canadian visa office under Bill C-35. Thus, International student agencies are not authorized to assist with study permits to Canada.

According to Canadian law, it is illegal for education agents / consultants either in Canada or overseas who are not recognized by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to provide study permit assistance or Immigration advice for a fee. Only CICC members, Lawyers and a few others are authorized to do so.

If an International student agent is also an CICC member / lawyer he can do so.

We are ICEF certified Education Agents and a Canada Course Graduate bearing No: CCG00053. You can see our listing at

We are Licensed Immigration Consultants authorized by the Canadian Government to advise, represent and consult on Immigration matters bearing CICC License # R416183 from The College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants

If you are a student and want someone to help you with your study permit, you need to make sure that the person is recognized by Citizenship & Immigration Canada as an Authorized representative to process your visa application.

We are authorized Consultants under Canadian Legislation Bill C-35 to advise students on their Immigration options in Canada as well as apply for a Study permit by completing their visa applications on a Student’s behalf unlike other education agents.

We at WIC can do both as authorized Education and Immigration consultants!

Free Assessment for Study in Canada

Our Company can assist those who want to study in Canada. If you would like our help, please fill out the Student Assessment Form and we will get back to you with our assessment.

Come with us to study, work and immigrate to Canada.
Professional counseling by people who have lived, studied & worked in Canada!
Wesley Immigration Consultants