Wesley Immigration Consultants Hyderabad AP in India
Canadian Immigration Consultants in India
Canada Immigration Consultants HyderabadCanadian Immigration Consultants HyderabadCanada Immigration Consultants (AP) India


This is a listing of commonly asked questions that our firm receives from potential clients and the answers to these questions are as follows:

  • Are you licensed by the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)?
    To confirm the legitimacy of our membership, please check out the ICCRC website at http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca and look for the name of Mr. Nagulury Surendhar Wesley in their membership list. Mr. Nagulury Surendhar Wesley ICCRC ID # is R416183
  • What is a Canadian permanent resident visa?
    Permanent residence is a status that allows an immigrant to legally reside and earn a living anywhere in Canada while abiding by the country’s constitutional laws. As a resident Canadian there are certain privileges and obligations that are conferred with such status on an individual.
  • What is a Permanent resident or landed immigrant?
    Permanent resident status grants you the Permanent right to live and work in Canada. One is eligible for government-subsidized medical care immediately (except in some Provinces), and are not permitted to vote in Provincial or Federal elections. After three years of residency, you can apply for Citizenship, which entitles you to a Canadian passport. Temporary residents (those on student and work visas) are generally not entitled to medical care or social welfare assistance.
  • What are the benefits of becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada?
    • You and your family members are entitled to free medical care and educational facilities.
    • You can avail of government welfare benefits.
    • You can go in & out of Canada as and when you like.
    • Processing of Permanent resident applications are quicker compared to US
    • You can obtain Citizenship within 3 years whereas it takes 5 years to obtain American citizenship for a Green card holder.
    • Canadian passport entitles you to visit any place in the world.
    Although not able to vote in elections, permanent residents enjoy many of the same privileges as Canadian citizens, including the right to education, health and social services, and protection under Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
  • How can I qualify for Canadian permanent residence? What are the application categories?
    There are a number of categories in which you may apply for Canadian permanent residence. Each category has various assessment requirements and conditions attached. The categories are explained in the Canadian Immigration section of this Web site.
  • What type of Immigrant category is applicable to me? (Immigration procedure chart)
    We will explore alternatives & recommend the best immigration category in which to put forward your application for immigration to Canada. We will carry out a countrywide search to decide if you can be nominated or qualify under one or more of Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) including under the Federal & Quebec Selection Program.
  • Who qualifies as an Independent immigrant?
    Any individual with specific occupational skills and experience may qualify as an independent immigrant. One has to obtain sufficient points according to the established selection criteria. Points are awarded for factors such as age, education, experience, language abilities, relatives in Canada and occupational demand.
  • What is the Skilled Worker Program?
    There are several programs that allow for permanent immigration to Canada. The Skilled Worker program allows individuals and their immediate family members to apply for Permanent resident status on the basis of the point system where they have to obtain a qualifying score on 6 factors: Age, Education, Language Ability, Work Experience, Arranged Employment, and Adaptability.
  • Can family members be included in the application?
    The applicant’s spouse and any dependent children (i.e., under the age of 22; or in excess of that age) are included in the application of the principal applicant. When there exist humanitarian and compassionate grounds an elderly parent may be included as an accompanying dependent. However, parents may only be sponsored after the applicant has become a permanent resident.
  • How do I know whether I qualify for Permanent immigration to Canada?
    Please fill out our online Assessment form, and one of our consultants will conduct a Preliminary eligibility assessment for you and get back to you.
  • Who can be included in my application?
    If you are married, either you or your spouse may apply as the Principal applicant. Both of you should complete the assessment form so we can determine which of you would receive a higher point score and should therefore apply as the principal applicant. The other spouse will apply as the dependent. You should also include on your application all dependent children whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. Your dependants must pass a background-check and a medical examination. All family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own individual application form.
  • What documents should be submitted in support of my application for immigration to Canada? (Immigration procedure chart)
    That depends upon the category of Canadian Immigration under which you are applying.

    Supporting papers usually include evidence of employment, education, assets, civil status, absence of criminal convictions and a host of other documents.

    It is advisable to seek guidance or instructions regarding the submission of supporting documentation. Please get in touch with our office for a complete checklist of documents.
  • What documentation do I need along with my application?
    In order to process their application applicants should submit certified copies of the following documents:
    • Completed and signed Immigration Application Form and the Immigrant Summary report;
    • Marriage, separation, annulment, final divorce or death certificates, if applicable;
    • Birth certificate for yourself, your spouse and dependent children, adoption papers for adopted dependent children; proof of continuous full-time studies of all dependent children aged 19 or over;
    • If applicable, proof of custody for children under the age of 18 and proof that the children may be removed from the jurisdiction of the court; if the children will not accompany you to Canada, proof that you have fulfilled any obligation stated in custody arrangements;
    • Passports or travel documents for yourself, your spouse and dependent children. Only include copies of pages showing the passport number, date of issue and expiration, your photo, name, date and place of birth (usually first two (2) pages). If you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa for the country where you currently reside;
    • Proof of relationship to your close relatives in Canada, such as birth and marriage certificates;
    • Completion of secondary education, apprenticeship documents, university/college degrees, diplomas, professional training;
    • Letters from previous employers specifying your job title and providing a statement of duties and/or employment contract which describe(s) your responsibilities and performance;
    • Proof that you meet the licensing or certification requirements for your chosen occupation in Canada. Where applicable, you must provide evidence that you are qualified to follow your occupation in Canada;
    • Any letters/contracts offering employment or information you believe may be relevant to your successful establishment in Canada, and which may help to demonstrate your adaptability, initiative, motivation or resourcefulness. This may include formal proof of arranged employment in Canada -- that is, employment validated by a Human Resources Centre -- to demonstrate there is no suitably qualified and available Canadian or permanent resident to fill the position;
    • Proof of sufficient funds to maintain yourself and your dependants until you are self-supporting in Canada. These funds must be readily transferable to Canada in a convertible currency;
    • Police certificates or clearances for you and your dependants from countries where you have resided over six (6) months during the last ten (10) years. The original documents are required;
    • Bank draft to pay full immigration processing fee in Indian Rupees.
    • * Please get in touch with our office for a complete checklist of documents.

  • Where do I submit my application for a Canadian Immigrant Visa? (Immigration Procedure chart)
    Applications for Permanent Residence in Canada must be filed with the Canadian visa office, which has geographic responsibility for the country in which the applicant has been lawfully admitted and has resided for a period of at least one (1) year (or) The applicant must apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through the Canadian visa office, which has geographic responsibility for his/her country of habitual residence.

    If your destination is the Province of Quebec, you must submit an application for a Canadian Immigrant Visa and an application for a Quebec Certificate of Selection to a Quebec Immigration Office in your region. This procedure is required because Quebec has exclusive jurisdiction to select immigrants who intend to reside in that Province.
  • Where should I apply for Immigration?
    You will have to apply with the Canadian consulate located in your Country of residence. In India this will be the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi. However, the processing time partly depends on the visa office that you choose. Therefore, it is best to seek advice with immigration professional with regards to the latest information concerning application-processing times.
  • What does the File Number / lock in date indicate? (Immigration Procedure chart)?
    A locked-in date is the date on which the Canadian Visa Office receives completed application forms with proper payment of the processing fees and issues you a computerized file number. The Federal Court of Canada has determined the locked-in date to be the date on which certain selection factors such as age, current immigration laws & regulation's must be assessed. Thus, no points will be lost if the applicant's age changes during the processing of the application, or the regulations/Laws changes.
  • How long does the application process take?
    The most important factor in determining how long it will take to process an application is whether or not you have submitted sufficient documents to support your application and how well your application is prepared to prove that you meet the criteria stipulated by the immigration regulations. Please note that processing time may vary among visa offices and on the fact that whether or not one has to attend an interview.

    Generally speaking, processing usually takes between 6 to 24 months from the time an immigration application is submitted to finalize the case and visas issued. In India the processing time is 24-36 months.
  • How long does it take to get a Permanent residence visa to immigrate to Canada?
    Every application is different and processing times largely depend on the type of visa category being applied for and the visa office processing your application. Generally, it takes most applicants 18 to 24 months to receive a final decision on their visa application. Spousal cases and temporary employment authorizations tend to be a little quicker at 6 to 8 months, while applicants requiring professional registration can take an additional 6 to 12 months to process. If you are requested to attend an interview, this can put in many more months onto the processing of your application.
  • Will I have to undertake a medical exam?
    All prospective immigrants to Canada are required to go through medical examinations. These examinations are intended to identify any health conditions which may affect the health of the Canadian public, or which may result in excessive demands being placed upon the Canadian health care system. Your medical examination will be conducted in the country where your application is submitted through a designated Doctor indicated by the Canadian consulate.
  • What are the medical requirements for Immigrating to Canada? (Immigration Procedure chart)
    All prospective immigrants to Canada are required to undergo medical examinations. These examinations are intended to detect any conditions which may affect the health of the Canadian public, or which may result in excessive demands being placed upon the Canadian health care system.
    The factors considered during the medical assessment include whether or not hospitalization or medical, social or institutional care are required and whether or not employability or productivity could be affected.
    The medical examination includes a standard physical examination, blood tests, urine tests, and X-rays etc.
    Each medical case is analyzed individually, taking into account your full medical history. If the disease or disorder poses health risks to Canadians or places excessive demands on the Canadian health care system, it may result in medical inadmissibility.
  • When should I land in Canada following the issuance of my Permanent immigration Visa? (Immigration procedure chart)
    You will have a period of one year subsequent to your medical examination in order to land before the expiry date, which appears, on your Immigrant Visa. The Permanent Resident visa has a validity of 6-12 months from the date of medical examination taken.
    You must enter Canada during this prescribed period of time, as the expiry date on your Canadian Immigrant Visa will not be extended. If applicants do not use the visas within their validity, they must reapply for immigration to Canada.
  • What happens after my Application is submitted at CHC?
    Once submitted the Application moves through various stages of processing at the visa office. The main stages are:
    • Acknowledgement of Receipt,
    • Document Screening,
    • Selection Interview or Waiver decision,
    • Selection Interview date (if required),
    • Issuance of Medical Examinations, and
    • Issuance of Permanent visas.

  • What are the required funds to establish oneself in Canada?
    One must have enough money to support your family for an estimated period of six (6) months after you arrive in Canada. The amount of money or liquidable assets you require is determined by the size of your family. Please find below the table used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to determine if you have enough money or liquidable assets to support yourself and your family upon your arrival to Canada:

    1 member of the family

    $11,115 CDN

    2 member of the family

    $13,837 CDN

    3 member of the family

    $17,011 CDN

    4 member of the family

    $20,654 CDN

    5 member of the family

    $23,425 CDN

    6 member of the family

    $26,419 CDN

    7 or more member of the family

    $29,414 CDN

  • Why should I get a Study Permit?
    If you have a valid Study Permit, you can: Work part-time on campus at the college or university at which you are registered as a full-time student; and Apply to renew your Study Permit from within Canada, if you decide to continue studying in Canada.

  • A What is a Temporary Resident VisaTemporary Resident Visa is an official document issued by a visa office abroad. It is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.
  • How do I Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa?
    If you need a Temporary Resident Visa in addition to your Study Permit, you do not have to make a separate application or pay a separate fee when you apply for your study permit at a visa office. An officer will issue it at the same time as the documentation that you will need to enter Canada as a student. If you wish to leave and re-enter Canada during the period of your authorized stay as a student, you will need a valid TRV for your return travel to Canada.
  • Why should I engage the services of Wesley Immigration Consultants?

    We have the information and capability to make your immigration application easier and the immigration process to be handled competently. We will prepare your application in a professional and efficient manner, make submissions to the authorities on your behalf, direct you throughout the immigration process, assist you with any questions you may have, deal with the Canadian authorities and expedite the process for you by making sure that your application goes through the immigration administration smoothly and quickly.

    Nagulury Surendhar Wesley is a licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant and is authorized by the Government of Canada to practice as an Immigration consultant in representing your interests.

  • Will my status in Canada mean that I can enter/work in the USA?

    Unless otherwise exempted, permanent residents of Canada must obtain proper authorization to enter or work in the USA. The citizens of Commonwealth countries cannot freely visit the US when they are permanent residents of Canada and need to apply for a visitor visa. A Permanent resident however will need the H1B visa from an employer to work in the United States.

    Citizens of Canada are not required to obtain visas to enter the USA, and may be eligible for employment in the USA under the NAFTA Agreement. Citizenship is obtained after being a permanent resident for a minimum of 3 years. Once you become a Canadian citizen, you can work anywhere in North America legally under the NAFTA agreement.

  • Can I have Dual citizenship?

    Yes, Canadian citizens are allowed to hold dual citizenship. This means that they will not lose their Canadian citizenship if they become a citizen of another country. Canada recognizes multi-citizenships, which means you can become a Canadian citizen and remain a citizen of another country at the same time.

  • When can I obtain Canadian citizenship?

    You may apply for Canadian citizenship once you have resided in Canada for three years and obtain Citizenship if you meet the necessary requirements in accordance with the Law.

  • Can you assist me in finding employment, business opportunities, or property once I arrive in Canada?

    Yes. We can assist in these areas through our many partners in Canada. We encourage our clients to stay in touch with us once they arrive, as we can be a valuable source of information in all aspects of settling down in Canada.

  • Do professionals and/or trades people need registration and licensing to work in Canada?

    Many occupations in Canada require registration, licensing or membership in a professional or trade association. People who want to work in regulated occupations need to obtain a license from a provincial regulatory body. Applicants intending to work in these occupations will need to prove they hold sufficient credentials to meet professional or trade licensing requirements so they may pursue their occupation in Canada.

    Licensing requirements often include education from a recognized school, Canadian work experience and completion of a technical exam. Fees for exams can be costly and are the responsibility of the applicant. Final assessment by the provincial authority can only be done after you are in Canada with permanent resident status. We can research whether or not your occupation requires licensing, and then have your qualifications and experience assessed by a Competent authority. See: Settlement Plan

  • What is the job market like in Canada? What is the demand for my particular occupation?

    To gain a better understanding of Canada's job market, it is recommended that you look through the 'Careers' section of any major Canadian newspaper, Canadian job portals and visit our Resources links section.

  • Will your firm assist me in searching for employment once in Canada?

    We do help our clients in searching for job opportunities though we only provide you with partial support such as help in writing your CV and cover letter, suggestion on where to seek for employment, governmental organization offering employment assistance program, etc. Canadian employers are looking to meet prospective candidates in person and, in that respect; we cannot perform on your behalf. You must take the necessary steps to secure employment. We cannot arrange a job on your behalf.

  • I am qualified and would like to work in Canada. Can you help me?

    Some occupations are in high demand in Canada and it may be possible for us to find you work depending on your education and experience.

    However, we are an immigration firm and not a recruiting agency. We do work with several recruiting agencies that specialize in searching for companies that are willing to hire foreign workers. The cost of this service can be quite high – if you are interested in finding more, please do e-mail us your resume and what you are looking for.

  • What happens when I arrive in Canada?

    When you arrive in Canada, you must present your immigrant visa to a customs / immigration officer at the port of entry. The officer will check your visa and travel document and ask you questions similar to those on the immigration application form to verify that you are of good character and in good health. The officer may also request proof that you have sufficient funds to settle in Canada. Then, the officer will approve your admittance to Canada as a permanent resident.

  • What types of questions do they ask in the interview? How can I prepare for my interview?

    The interview is used to verify the information on your application, to confirm you have sufficient funds to settle in Canada, to determine personal suitability (i.e. motivation, initiative, resourcefulness), and to counsel applicants if they are successful.

    Prior to your interview, spend time learning more about Canada and the Canadian labor market (i.e. become familiar with job opportunities for you, and with the qualifications and language ability that is required). We will guide you in every possible way and advise you accordingly to make your interview a success.

  • Will I be interviewed by an immigration officer? (Immigration procedure chart)

    Applicants for a Canadian Immigrant Visa under the Skilled Worker category may be required to attend a personal interview with an immigration officer. Such interviews are held to ensure the information in the application is accurate, to clear-up any uncertainties, to verify documentation, to test language ability, and to make sure suitability of the applicant to relocate and settle successfully in Canada.

    Visa officers may, under all categories of immigration, grant an interview waiver, depending on the qualifications of the applicant, the quality of the supporting documentation, and the overall credibility of the applicant. The likelihood of an interview waiver varies from one Visa Office to another.

  • What is the immigration selection interview?

    Most skilled worker applicants are required to be present at a selection interview with an immigration officer. Such interviews are held to make sure the information in the application is accurate, to verify documentation, and to help applicants relocate to Canada. Interview waivers are granted at the discretion of the immigration officials.

  • How do I make the payments?

    Generally, a partial payment is due with the Retainer Agreement before any work can begin. The balance is paid in installment, at each stage of your application process. You will receive an invoice for each payment that is to be made.

  • What will it cost?

    We charge fees for visa processing that are in keeping with Industry standards. The general nature of fees is agreed in advance with the final fee depending on case complexity and the type of visa processing required.

  • How much do you charge for your services?

    Our service fees depend on the type of immigration category you are applying for and the number of applicants. However, our service fee is the lowest in the market.

  • What are your fees?

    Our fees are very reasonable and are much less than those of some of the larger, consulting firms in the city. We refund ALL your money if your application is refused, except for the Retainer amount because of the Administrative costs involved. See: Consulting Fee

  • What is the Price of consulting you?

    Our Fees are not charged for initial eligibility assessments and brief personal or telephone advice. However, we do charge for in-depth consultations, complete immigration evaluations and ongoing casework, case complexity and the type of visa processing required for immigration to Canada. Government visa applications, disbursements and third party costs are additional.

  • What are the application fees charged by Citizenship & Immigration Canada?

    All government-processing fees [Link to Government fee] must be submitted along with the submission of the application for permanent residence. The processing fees are not refundable and must be paid for the principal applicant and any accompanying spouse, common-law partner, and dependent children. The processing fees are as follow:

    Principal Applicants


    A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner


    A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner


    Applicants whose destination is the province of Quebec must pay additional processing fees to the Quebec government.

    Upon acceptance, applicants must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) ($490 CDN). The RPRF is payable by principal applicants and accompanying spouses or common-law partners and each accompanying dependants aged 22 or over. It must be paid before the immigrant visa is issued overseas or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada. Quebec applicants are also subject to this fee. 

  • How much does a Citizenship & Immigration Canada charge?

    The Fees depend on the type of Immigrant category you are applying for and the number of applicants. For independent immigrants, the principal applicant and a family member who is 22 years of age or older or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner must pay $550 CDN, and a family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or a common-law partner should pay $150 CDN for Application processing fee. Plus $490 CDN for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is payable by the Principal applicant (with some exception) and accompanying spouse or common-law partner. Dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild and protected persons, including Convention refugees are not required to pay this fee. See: Immigration Fee

  • How can my relatives immigrate to Canada?

    Individuals wishing to immigrate to Canada can also apply under the Family Class. [Link to Family Class] Family Class applicants may be eligible to immigrate on the basis of close family relationship that they have with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is eligible to sponsor. Spouses and parents -- who can bring with them their dependent children, such as the brothers and sisters of the sponsor -- are eligible to apply, and may qualify. The sponsor needs to have a certain minimum cut off income to be eligible to sponsor. This income threshold does not apply for those who wish to sponsor a spouse. The sponsor must sign an agreement pledging to take care of all the financial needs of the person he/she is sponsoring for a period of 10 years.

  • What documents should I take with me when I land in Canada?

    Applicants must take along a valid passport and the landing documents. There should be Proof of settlements funds that may also be requested at the time of landing. Applicants may also carry any copies of statutory documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, international driving license and educational documents etc. as well as a list of items they wish to take with them to Canada.

  • How much money do I need to settle in Canada?

    One must have sufficient funds to cover their expenses for the first 6 months after their landing in Canada and until one finds a job or start generating an income. The cost of living in Canada varies from city to city, but the recommended funds to initially settle for Independent immigrants is approximately Cdn $10,000 for an individual, and at least an extra $2,000-$3000 per dependant. Please note that this is just an approximation and the expenditure may vary from each individual depending on his or her lifestyle.

  • Do you assist students in obtaining admission and student visa?

    We do assist in admission and student visa processing. Please contact us for further details

  • Who does not need to apply for a student visa?

    In some cases, foreign nationals do not need a study permit to study in Canada. A study permit is not required if the course or study program lasts six months or less.

  • Is studying in Canada expensive?

    Student fees for international students are often 2-3 times more than a resident student. The range is usually Cdn $ 8000 to Cdn $15000/-

  • What are the requirements for a student visa?

    A student must meet certain requirements when applying for study permits . Immigration officers look at many factors before deciding whether an applicant qualifies for a study permit. People wishing to study in Canada must Present a letter of acceptance from the educational institution where they intend to study; and Demonstrate that they are able to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that they intend to pursue; Financially support themselves and any family members who are with them during their period of study; Cover the transportation cost for themselves and any family members to and from Canada; and Pass a CIC medical examination, if required In addition, a student must satisfy the officer that he/she will leave Canada at the end of the period that you are allowed to stay.

  • Why should I get a Study Permit?

    If you have a valid Study Permit, you can:
    Work part-time on campus at the college or university at which you are registered as a full-time student; and Apply to renew your Study Permit from within Canada, if you decide to continue studying in Canada.

  • What is a Temporary Resident Visa?

    A Temporary Resident Visa is an official document issued by a visa office abroad. It is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident

  • How do I Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa

    If you need a Temporary Resident Visa in addition to your Study Permit, you do not have to make a separate application or pay a separate fee when you apply for your study permit at a visa office. An officer will issue it at the same time as the documentation that you will need to enter Canada as a student. If you wish to leave and re-enter Canada during the period of your authorized stay as a student, you will need a valid TRV for your return travel to Canada.

A New Beginning

Canada wants to attract new immigrants on an annual basis with the emphasis firmly focused on immigrants with economic and professional skills from every part of the world.

In Canada you can start a new life, with never-ending opportunities ahead of you. We will help you plan your transition to the new way of life in Canada carefully, patiently and knowledgably.


Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Please scan the following QR Code to verify our regulated status with the ICCRC, Canada.

ICCRC Membership Number is R416183

Wesley Immigration Consultants Hyderabad

Canada Immigration Consultants India
Canada immigration student visa consultants Hyderabad
Canadian immigration consultants Hyderabad in India